When analyzing the trends that mark the present and future direction of corporate events, one word comes to mind that is changing the entire panorama: technology.
Tech is undoubtedly the great protagonist of this sector, considering it has become an essential part of the way we pretty much do everything, get information, socialize, participate… the list goes on.
In fact, technological advances have completely changed the way events are organized and the way people participate in them. This advantage is already considered to be a great ally both for event planning professionals and attendees.
And if there is one characteristic that describes everything related to event tech, it’s innovation. Companies should no longer be limiting themselves to traditional-style meetings, but rather committing to the wants of an increasingly demanding and, above all, less passive audience.
Participants are no longer content with being mere spectators and are seeking experiences that allow them to be involved to the max. So, if companies want to reach thier target audience, it’s crucial that they’re making the extra effort to find new formulas that are meeting demands.
Essential event elements:
- Interaction: The traditional concept of ‘audience’ has been left behind for many years. Today, participants want to showcase their name and participate. And not in just any way, but in an active way.In this sense, technological advances have opened the door to new ways of interaction in real-time, both with companies and attendees. Therefore, the most innovative events include several immersive options focused on entertainment. Virtual escape rooms, online team building activities, or any other type of recreational alternative are the best way to interact effectively.
- Personalized content: Technology enables on-demand information, a fundamental requirement for new audiences, who want quickly available content that’s easy to access.Being able to reference information at any time is another of the possibilities offered by the new event formats, as attendees can download all types of digital material and access it later.
- Unique experiences: The event industry has completely reinvented itself. Traditional meetings have taken a 360-degree turn to adapt to the new needs of users and grab their attention. In this sense, virtual technology enables the creation of a wide variety of immersive and innovative experiences. An example of this can be seen in the use of interactive 3D avatars. These are images that represent each of the attendees within a virtual world, and their integration in fairs or any type of corporate event is becoming more and more frequent.
- Digital environments: The present and future audience is digital. Increasingly, participants seek to optimize their time, so they prefer to attend events that do not involve travelling or even going anywhere.For this type of user, technology offers a wide range of possibilities, such as interactive chats, live webinars or virtual business rooms.
- Accessibility: On many occasions, it’s not simply a question of innovating, but of facilitating access to events. Digital environments have enabled this evolution through mobile applications, thanks to which we can connect from anywhere in the world, and, if necessary, to have an Internet connection.
- Sustainability: More and more companies and the public are investing in their social responsibility and are trying their best to avoid negatively affecting the environment. Virtual technology has made possible the birth of sustainable meetings and events, meetings that eliminate travel, reduce the tons of waste generated in large face-to-face meetings and limit energy consumption.
Top 5 event tech trends
The evolution of technology is unstoppable, and until recently, what seemed unthinkable to us is now a palpable reality. These are the most important trends that will mark the immediate future of events:
- Virtual and artificial reality
With each passing year, the applications of these advanced technologies grow by leaps and bounds. In fact, they will be more and more present at corporate events because their implementation is much cheaper now and offers unique and immersive experiences.
In this sense, virtual business events will continue to be the great golden mile for companies that want to save costs and reach an audience for which travel costs and time are decisive factors when attending a meeting.
Although its entry into the market is being very staggered, its projection will be very important in major events. Thanks to the integration with other technologies, drones can not only record any event, but also broadcast it in real time. This is the definitive step for online events.
They’ve been around for some time now, but Artificial Intelligence has turned them into infallible tools companies to be able to interact with those attending an event. They’re used by companies to strengthen the brand and greatly improve communication for their customers.
- Mobile apps
As we have already mentioned, apps are essential if we want to make events stand out. Creating a specific application for the event will give it added value, as it’s a very direct way to involve and facilitate more individualized experiences to attendees.
- Projection Mapping
It will be one of the most applied emerging trends in events. It is an augmented reality experience created by a series of projectors that turn physical spaces into interactive 3D screens. Thanks to this, any place can be transformed with totally new design elements.